Steps to be taken by the Card Holder
- Once the CARO Service has been ordered for your client, an e-mail is automatically sent to your client on the address you provided when ordering the Service.
Note: For security reasons, the activation link in the invitation email is only valid for 14 days!
This e-mail contains :
- Steps to follow to perform the CARO Service registration
- A link to a video that describes these steps
- The activation link
- After clicking on the activation link, the client is redirected to a Welcome page
- At this point, the card holder must have the following with him:
- His mobile phone number to check the verification code that he will receive via text
- His business credit card details available on his paper credit card statements (to check his client reference entered by the accountant via MyCodaBox).
- His credit card and bank card reader to be able to sign to activate the CARO Service.
- Afterwards, he can click Continue.
A text with the verification code is sent to the cell number (entered by the accountant in MyCodaBox) of the card holder. The card holder can now enter this code in the verification window of the text and click Continue
- In the next screen, he must enter his credit card details, confirm his client reference, read the legal terms and conditions, accept them if he agrees, and click Confirm
- The next screen is a screen from his bank's secure portal where he will use his card reader and credit card to finalize his approval to share his statements with his accountant. The user experience is similar to an e-commerce transaction.
- After this step, the card holder is registered for the CARO Service
- The final step is an e-mail from CodaBox confirming the registration to the Service.
This e-mail contains a link to the general terms and conditions which states that if he wishes to revoke this agreement, he must contact his accountant. The accountant will receive his client's credit card statements from the month following the registration.➜ Once the email is sent, the email address and the mobile phone number are removed from our database.
Note: The list of accounts for which the CARO Service can be ordered is visible in the main menu of MyCodaBox, in CLIENT MANDATES & SERVICES > CARO
My client does not receive the verification code via SMS
- You have ordered the CARO Service for your client via MyCodaBox.
- Your client has received, via e-mail, the invitation to activate the Service.
- He/she has started the activation process online, but the activation cannot be finalized because he/she did not receive the SMS containing the verification code.
- In MyCodaBox, the status of your invitation is: 'Invitation sent/Problem'.
In MyCodaBox > CLIENT MANDATES & SERVICES > CARO > Find your client and click Manage
Check whether the mobile phone number and/or e-mail you have entered is the same as the client/cardholder's.
Adapt if necessary by clicking Edit & Resend
Once you have made the changes, click Send Invitation.
Note: If your client's mobile phone number is correct, check with him/her whether he/she has not inadvertently blacklisted/blocked the number used to send this SMS.
My client received the verification code via SMS but the activation process failed
➜ Your client has already:
- Received the activation e-mail
- Clicked on the activation link and launched the form to confirm the activation of the Service
- Received an SMS with the verification code
- Filled in the credit card details in the activation form
- In the screen of the bank's secure site, he/she successfully finished the request by identifying himself/herself with the credit card and card reader, but then he/she receives a message* from the bank's secure site informing him/her that the process has failed.
Why can't my client validate his/her CARO activation?
- The credit card does not allow online payments
Your client may have chosen in the past to temporarily block his credit card by going to the card properties via his banking app. As a result, online payments can no longer be made with this card AND prevents activation of the CARO Service.
- Check with your client whether online payments can be made with this card:
If this is not possible, he/she should contact the bank to check whether this option can be activated.
- If the client can make online payments with this card:
Check with your client whether he/she has temporarily blocked his card via the banking app. If he/she wants to unblock the card to activate CARO, invite him/her to log on to the banking app to deactivate this function or to contact the bank.
➜ It is possible that the activation of online payments in the bank‘s systems takes a few minutes. If this is not working immediately, we advise to wait a while and try again later.
The message advising that the process has failed varies depending on the client's bank. The cause may not be explicitly stated.
See also our Related Articles