One is not better or worse than the other. It is a different approach, a different purpose and we can offer them both from within Isabel Group.
PSD2 is an European regulation that obliges banks to open their systems to authorized operators in order to initiate payments and consult account information.
The consultation of another bank's account information in your banking application is, for example, based on this regulation.
More information about PSD2 on the website of Febelfin, the Belgian federation representing the financial sector.
CODA is not dead, and will not disappear in the short term.
CodaBox provides a service to accountants to deliver data to their clients in a digital way.
We want to make that happen now and in the future. The format in which we do this may change in the future, but our services will not.
PSD2 opens up opportunities for us and for you,: at the European level, real-time information, faster activation.
We are looking to the future!
Characteristics of CODA and PSD2:
• Available the next day, before 8am
• Available immediately, in real time
• Bank mandate, no need to renew
• Consent to be given online, to be renewed several times a year
• For current and savings accounts
• For current accounts only
• Structured, like a bank statement
• Separate lines with transactions
• Numbering, date, opening and closing balance
• No numbering, opening and closing balance
• Accounting document
• Not linked to an accounting document
• Designed for accounting software and ERP systems
• Designed for payment service providers and banking applications
In the attached file you will find detailed information about PSD2 / CODA